I’ll be popping stuff here that catches my eye, including some pre-festival fundraising concerts, but for full information go to: https://www.bridportfolkfestival.co
First a call for more volunteers:
Volunteers are always welcome to apply! The festival always need more stewards and helpers!
General Inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stewarding – email@example.com
- we have planned a range of dance events, including (subject to final confirmation):
- Friday night barn dance with Murphy’s Law and Jane Thomas;
- Saturday evening family social dance with Jigs for Gigs and Aileen Wills;
- Saturday night ceilidh with Fox Amongst the Chickens
- 7 dance workshops including English, Contra, Jive, Line Dancing, French, Scottish and “Dances with a Connection to Dorset”
Music Quiz Fundraisers
February 21st, March 21st, April 18th, May 16th
Come and join us – get a team together or play on your own. There will be prizes and loads of fun & music (plus a few awful puns…) See you there!
Mitchell & Vincent – Fri 15th Mar 7:00pm – 11:00pm
Bridport Town Hall (Above the TIC), Bridport Town Hall, South St, Bucky Doo Square, Bridport DT6 3LF, UK map directions
We are once again proud to welcome back Mitchell and Vincent, a folk festival favourite with support from Mellohed!
This is a folk festival fundraiser in advance of the festival on March 15th, doors 7pm for a 7.45pm start.
Tickets are £10 in advance (plus 50p booking charge), or £12 on the door.
Tickets available from Bridport Tourist Information Centre and Bridport Music. https://bridportandwestbay.co.uk/tickets/bridport-folk-festival/
The venue is above the Tourist information Centre, green door on East Street, head for the clocktower at Buckydoo Square.